The Door

I am fond of reading books; and because of this love I am famous in my locality as well as at my workplace. In search of books which are of different kind than the normal ones;I reached to a big public library and told the librarian about my choice. He stared  and directed me towards the caretaker. The caretaker was an old man and was busy in arranging books alphabeticaly. I reached him and told the same thing. Without paying attention, he told me to take the stairs. I did the same. Over there on that floor I went through the different sections of the books which were covered by a thick layer of dust; but nothing caught my attention. Suddenly I got myself stopped by a strangely covered book on the top right corner of a shelf; which seemed as if it would fall down. The book was wrapped in a brown colour cloth. It was looking really old and dirty. The book looked heavy but I tried to pick it up from the shelf. The moment I caught hold of the book, a secret door behind my back was suddenly opened. I was scared; but wanted to proceed further. I looked here and there; nobody else besides me was present there. Then I reached near the stairs then found that the old caretaker was still busy. I went back and entered the door. Initially the passage was dark; but after I walked a few yards I noticed a thin ray of light coming out of a narrow hole. I started following the light. I marched nearer to it. The light was getting stronger enough that I was unable to keep my eyes open. I tried hard and found that the place where I was standing seemed like a part of an ancient mansion. The hall was full of valuable ornaments and gold bricks. Everything was sparkling. I was shocked and wished my friends were there. I knew that without witnessing the scene, nobody would believe me. So I decided to take some evidence with me and while keeping my eyes closed; started feeling the things around me. Randomly I picked up a few things and kept them in my pocket. I thought that I should leave the mysterious place as early as possible and turned to go back. The moment I turned, I felt something hard under my feet. I lost  my balance and fell down and felt being thrown by two powerful and ice cold hands. I do not know what happened then because after coming back to consciousness I found myself at a chair in the librarian's  office. He was staring at me suspiciously; as if wanted to ask something. I had no courage to ask him what had happened. He himself told that I was found upstairs in an unconscious condition.They went their after listening a terrible cry from me. They told me that I was banging my head against the wall and was continuously crying.
It has been five years since then but i could not make out whatever happened to me that day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LETTERED WOMAN

And he went away