I AM A 'WOMAN'

                              

I am a woman,
I am average yet smart.
Life for me is a game
Not a difficult art.

Sometimes I win
and the other I lose
Rest of the others force me
To chase a wild goose.

I am independent and strong enough to
Handle my pain.
When I bow and drop down
Then also I am in gain.

I don’t come to anyone
To get help and support,
Whether I am holidaying
Or presented in a court.

This attitude of mine drives
Several to go insane.
A few start staring and the others
Show their mane.

They find problem in my dressing,
Cooking and thinking.
But I am sure somewhere deep 
Their manhood is sinking.

As if I have donated
Or mortgaged my life,
Buddy I am a woman
Before becoming your wife.

A few traditional people 
full of values and culture,
Even sometimes call me
Hyena or vulture.

They call me selfish,
Greedy and a fool,
Cause I am never caught
In their trick-filled pool.


They have to tolerate me
For whatever I am
A smooth long highway or
A fussy traffic jam.


(PRI)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LETTERED WOMAN

And he went away