A man who cried

Long time ago, there was a man in a village who used to cry all the time. His cry was found to be louder in nights than in days. The villagers were fed up of this. He was presented in front of the village assembly; a number of times; but no effect was noticed in his behaviour. The youngsters of the village once decided to give this problem a last try to get solved. So they requested the village leader to call a meeting and take a strict decision against him. The village leader agreed and called for the meeting. The man too was informed. There was a huge gathering at the temple court where the meeting was being held. All the men,women and even kids from the village were gathered there. It was a matter of curiosity for all of them. They all were intrested in knowing the decision and were dispassionately waiting for the hearing to start. A young man rose and requested all the people to maintain silence. Then the villagehead asked the man what his problem was and why was he doing like that continuously? The man kept quiet as he did earlier. The same question was repeated again but still he was silent. A few of the villagers who were his neighbors and the most affected people of his cry; came out of the crowd and became agitated as if they wanted to beat him. Before they could catch hold of the man, they were orderd by the villagehead to be quiet and take their positions. The head warned the man that it was the last chance for him to say anything. If he would not speak that time, he would be thrown out of the village. The man got scared as he had no other place to live apart from this village.  Therefore he decided to speak for him. He, then narrated an incident which according to him took place a few years ago.
He said," Once I was passing through the nearby jungle in search of wood. After walking a few miles, I saw that an old man was lying down under a tree and was crying with pain. When I reached near him then found that he was stung by a scorpion. I ran to the  bushes and fetched some leaves which I knew would be beneficial in this situation. I tied the leaves around the affected area and gave him some water to drink. After a few minutes the man was normalized and was feeling better. He asked my name and wanted to do something for me or my family. I said that I was an orphan and was not in need of anything at that time. He then said,"I feel you are a good person and will always be willing to help others. Therefore I want to tell you something very important." He took a pause and continued,"You are born to live for others. You were a giant monster in your previous birth and killed thousands of innocent people. When you died then you requested the God to give you one chance to help the people in need, so that you could repent foryour evil deeds. The almighty God accepted your request and sent you to earth to purify your soul. Thefore you are destined to live for others." I was puzzled and was unable to understand anything still I kept on listening. The old man continued," The village you live is a cursed one. That is the reason why the villagers are not prospering. If you promise me then I can tell you the way to make the village happy and to prosper."
The old man stopped and stared at me. I was out of my senses and without any second thought accepted his offer. He took a deep breath and said," You had made others cry in your previous birth by killing their family members and torturing them cruelly. So if you want to make people happy and purify your soul, then you will have to cry. As much as you will cry your villege and villagers will be happier. The day you will stop crying your whole village will be ruined. Rest is up to you." After saying this the old man got up from his place and started walking. I was perplexed, wanted to followed him but couldn't. As I found that my feet were frozen.
I returned back to the village and told myself that whatever happened, couldn't be true. So it was better to forget that.  But the same day I heard the news that the two healthy cows owned by my neighbors were found dead in mysterious condition. This didn't stop here. Next day the villagehead's two bullocks broke the cart and ran away. They were never seen again. Gradually I started believing the words uttered by that oldman and decided to follow them. From that very night I started crying and found that from the preceding day no such bad news came. The louder I cried the better the condition became." After this the man became quiet.
The villagers didn't believe him and persuaded the villagehead to send him to the nearby jungle which was believed to be the home of a ferocious,man eater lion

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought

"PROUD TO BE A TEACHER"

सह लूँगी